- Sujoldžić, A. Ways of Belonging in a Multicultural City. Collegium Antropologicum 33 (2009) 4: 1335–1348.
- Peternel, L., and A. Sujoldžić. Adolescents Eating Behavior, Body Image and Psychological Well-Being. Collegium Antropologicum 33 (2009) 1: 205-212.
- Sujoldžić, A. Istrian Identities and Languages in Contact. Suvremena lingvistika 65 (2008): 27-56.
- Rudan, P., B. Janićijević, V. Jovanović, J. Miličić, N. Smolej Narančić, A. Sujoldžić, L. Szirovicza, T. Škarić-Jurić, L. Barać Lauc, T. Lauc, I. Martinović Klarić, M. Peričić, D. Rudan and I. Rudan. Holistic Anthropological Research of Hvar Islanders, Croatia – From Parish Registries to DNA Studies in 33 Years. Collegium Antropologicum 28 Suppl. 2 (2004): 321-343.
- Sujoldžić, A. Vitality and Erosion Of Molise Croatian Dialect. Collegium Antropologicum 28 Suppl. 1 (2004): 263-274.
- Škreblin, L., and A. Sujoldžić. Acculturation Process and Its Effects on Dietary Habits, Nutritional Behavior and Body-Image in Adolescents. Collegium Antropologicum 27 (2003) 2: 469-477.
- Sujoldžić, A. Continuity and Change Reflected in Synchronic and Diachronic Linguistic Variation of Middle Dalmatia. Collegium Antropologicum 21 (1997) 1: 285-299.
Selected conference presentations
- Sujoldžić, A. A Myth of a Regional Identity: Conflicting Ideologies and Language Attitudes in Istria, Croatia. The Causes, Consquences and Meaning of Transnationalization, 18th International Conference of Europeanists, Barcelona, Spain, 20-22 June 2011.
- Sujoldžić, A. Continuity and Change on Adriatic Islands. 2nd Island Dynamics Conference, La Valetta, Malta, 11-15 May 2011.
- Orlić, O. Small Island for a Great Holiday: The Influence of Tourism on Everyday Life on the Island of Korčula. 2nd Island Dynamics Conference, La Valetta, Malta, 11-15 May 2011.
- Šimičić, L. The Protection of Languages as an Obstacle in the Promotion of Linguistic Diversity. Conference on Languages in the Wider World: Understanding Resilience and Shift in Regional and Minority Languages, Leeuwarden / Ljouwert, The Netherlands, 6-8 April 2011.
- Sujoldžić, A. Remembering Through Forgetting: Politics of Identity and Street Naming. International Symposium on Urban Place Names, Helsinki, Finland, 13-16 August 2009.
- Sujoldžić, A. Language Boundaries and Microevolutionary Processes in South-Eastern Europe. I Congreso Iberoamericano de Antropologia: Anthropos 2007, La Habana, Cuba, 5-9 March 2007.
- Sujoldžić, A. Conflicting Values, Coinciding Visions in Host-Tourist Encounters. LINEE International Conference: New Challenges for Multilingualism in Europe, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 11-15 April 2010.
- Misits, É., and M. Jernej. Language Use and its Impact on Self-perception Among Members of the Hungarian Minority in Pula: How Identities are Shaped by Interpersonal Communication. LINEE International Conference: New Challenges for Multilingualism in Europe, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 11-15 April 2010.
- Jernej, M. Language, Identity and Economic Integration: Minorities in the City of Pula. LINEE PhD Conference, Szeged, Hungary, 6 May 2009.
- Orlić, O. Identification Processes on the Island of Korčula: Perceptions of Self and Others. LINEE PhD Conference, Szeged, Hungary, 6 May 2009.
These four audio excerpts* represent a small part of the conversations that researchers from the Institute for Anthropological Research had with the inhabitants of Korčula Island during fieldwork in June 2008.
- Petar, wine producer and owner of an agro-tourism establishment, born and living in Lumbarda
- Mare, farmer, born and living in Pupnat
- Vesna, retired clerk, born and living in Blato
In these two excerpts*, two people from the town of Komiža on Vis Island tell the same two stories in slightly different ways, using their local dialect (2003).
*In order to listen to the excerpts, you may need to download the Quicktime plug-in
Fieldwork on Vis Island (2003)
Fieldwork on Korčula Island (2008-2009)
Fieldwork in Lumbarda on Korčula Island: the Carnival (February 2009)